Terms and Conditions
Your use of the RSA Driving School (RSA) web site is subject to these terms, and by using the RSA web site you show your agreement to such terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the website. You may copy or print pages from this site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute or publish any information from this site without the express permission of RSA. At any time RSA may, without notice make changes to this site or to the services or products described in this site. Information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. RSA, may also make improvements and/or changes in the products described in this information at any time without notice.
The images, logos and names on this web site which identify RSA (RSA Driving School) or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of RSA and/or the relevant third parties.
Whilst RSA has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this web site, this web site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to RSA, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided on an “as is” basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded. In no event will RSA and/or any partner company be liable (whether in contract or tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this web site including, without limitation, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of data or special loss.
RSA does not represent that the information contained in this web site is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the web site or for any reliance placed by any person on the information.
RSA does not warrant that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in this web site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this web site or the server that makes it available are virus or bug free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
Links to other Web Sites
Certain (hypertext) links will lead you to web sites that are not under the control of RSA. When you activate any of these links, you will leave the RSA web site and as such RSA has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any such other web site. By allowing links with third party web sites RSA does not intend to solicit business or offer any security to any person in any country, directly or indirectly.
Jurisdiction and Law
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described in this Web Site are available only to UK residents (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). The information on this web site is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others will, unless otherwise stated, not be accepted. RSA makes no representation that any product or service referred to on the web site are appropriate for use, or available in other locations. The information and other materials contained in this web site may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK.
These Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions relating to products or services described in this web site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
Changes to Terms and Records of Agreements
RSA reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the web site. It is your responsibility to review the web site terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this web site after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions. We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application form completed and submitted. Any amendment to terms and conditions must be agreed in writing by us, or, if appropriate, by the relevant company with whom you contract.
Learner Driver Terms and Conditions
Please read these conditions in full, as they set out the complete terms upon which we have agreed to provide, and you have agreed to obtain driving tuition from us.
If you apply for any product or service detailed on this web site, these Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions which relate to any such product or service and, in the event of any contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the specific terms and conditions relating to such product or service, the latter shall prevail. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, product(s) and service(s) shall include, without limitation, any insurance or financial service.
RSA and your instructor reserve the right to charge for any lessons affected by your failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
Driving tuition is only available to persons:
- Aged 17 and over (16 and over if disabled and in receipt of Mobility Allowance at the higher rate)
- Who hold a valid Irish provisional driving licence
- Who are legally entitled to drive
- RSA driving instructors abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate on any basis including but not limited to race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation
- RSA will provide the pupil with a dual controlled car in a clean, roadworthy and tidy condition
- RSA cannot be responsible for lesson cancellation due to mechanical breakdown, but will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle as soon as possible
- All RSA driving instructors will be smartly presented and behave in a professional manner at all times
- Your instructor is one of RSA’s self employed franchisees whose relationship with us is governed by a franchise agreement
- All of our instructors are licensed by the Driving Standards Agency to undertake business as driving instructors
- RSA cannot be held responsible for any monies paid directly to the franchised instructor, as this creates a contract between the pupil and the franchised instructor to which RSA is not a party. If monies are paid to RSA directly for driving lessons or other services provided by the instructor, please see “Prepaid Lessons” below
- Your RSA franchised instructor has the right to withdraw the RSA tuition car for the day of your driving test if, in the instructors opinion you are not deemed to be at the required standard to attempt your driving test
- You will be supplied with your RSA driving instructor’s telephone number for future communications following initial booking.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate licence and that the licence is presented to your instructor prior to the start of your first lesson
- Your instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have booked, if you fail to provide him / her with the appropriate licence prior to your first lesson
- You and your instructor are responsible for arranging the dates, time, duration and pick up points for your future lessons
- If you wish to cancel, re-arrange or postpone a lesson you must give 48 hours notice. Failure to do this will result in you being charged the full amount for the duration of the lesson that you had booked
- Failure to attend a booked lesson will result in you being charged the full amount for the duration of the lesson.
- RSA act as an agent for their network of franchised driving instructors
- RSA agree to provide you with driving lessons to the value of the payment received via their instructors, but do not guarantee a specific instructor, vehicle, or lesson time will be available
- Lesson prices are only applicable in the postcode area where tuition has been purchased. If you subsequently choose to take a lesson in an alternative location, the prevailing lesson price in the new area could be different from the original purchase price and therefore the value of the number of hours purchased maybe adjusted accordingly
- RSA accept no liability for non-delivered lessons or problems arising from a particular lesson delivered by a franchised instructor, but do operate a dispute resolution service and will make best endeavours to assist both you and the instructor to resolve any disputes
- The resolution of any dispute will be limited to the value of the lesson(s) which are the subject of the dispute
- RSA will use email as the primary contact method with you in relation to prepayments. The email address will be taken at the point of purchase or first lesson booking. It is your responsibility to inform RSA of any changes to your registered email address.
- Any refund will be made back to the card from which the original payment was made. If for any reason those card details have become invalid, we reserve the right to seek verification of the validity of any alternative card or bank account details from your bank or building society before any refund is made.
All calls to the contact centre are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Telephone: 1890 313331
Contact address: RSA Driving School, 4 Montague Street, Dublin 2, Ireland